Requests for the Governor and/or Mr Bunten to be patrons of your organisation should:
- be made in writing;
- provide background information about the organisation;
- enclose a copy of the constitution and latest annual financial report;
- indicate the way in which the approach has been authorised (eg voted upon at the latest meeting; approved by the executive group, etc);
- indicate your expectations of the patron; and
- indicate whether the Governor, Mr Bunten, or both are being sought as patron.
Whilst Vice-Regal patronage is an expression of support for the general aims of the organisation, it is not evidence of endorsement of specific initiatives or actions nor does it entail any responsibility for them.